Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, November 16, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The War Against Islamism: The Third Ideological Wo...
- Israel, the Jewish National Home, Exists by Right ...
- What have 40 years of Jewish rule brought to Jeru...
- Iran Responds to Arrest Warrants for 1994 Bombing ...
- Belated Veteran's Day Salute to the Last Surviving...
- So Much for the Annapolis Conference? Olmert Says ...
- Sunni Ambush of Al Qaeda Not Reported by Los Angel...
- Thought for the Weekend
- Labor Party Minster Ben Eliezer Admits Gaza Diseng...
- Annapolis Conference: It's The Nightmare From Whi...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like