Bret Stephens tells all at WSJ OpinionJournal.com.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Rise of the Fantasists
- Communist China Bans Tibetan Buddhist Monks from R...
- Damascus International Airport is the Grand Centra...
- Barak Says Syria Does Not Want War--So Expect War
- National Health Service Orders Scottish Doctors No...
- Syria Reportedly Has Deployed World's Most Advance...
- Hot Enough For You? Well, It was Hotter in 1934
- Mitt Romney Can't Seem to Win For Winning
- An Interesting Mitt Romney YouTube Clip
- Beauchamp Scandal Update: TNR Points Fingers as I...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like