Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Immigration Deal



Looks like a deal has been reached. This will drive many of my fellow conservatives nuts, but based on the AP report's summary of the deal, this looks like decent compromise legislation to me. It looks like both sides walk away from the bill without some things they dearly wanted, which is frankly a good sign. I'll withhold further comment until I see the whole thing.

Update: I am quickly falling out of love with this legislation. Here's a summary of some things wrong with it. Yes, I am a Romney supporter, but I'd be troubled by these problems even if I were not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reasonable compromize? You must have loved what Lord Chamberlain brought home from Germany.

This is a historic sellout and had to be accomplished in the most secret of atmospheres just as Hillarycare was. The GOP willnot recover from this fiasco. The big tent has had its three ring circus for a while now and this is just the sideshow before the show closes.

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home