Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, March 04, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- It's A Confusing Time To Be An America-Hater
- Palestinian Press Glorifies A Mass Murderer
- Judicial Confirmations And The Nuclear Option: A ...
- Remembering Dan Rather
- The Times They Are A-Changin'
- If You're Under 18 in The USA, There Is Nothing Yo...
- The Immigration Debate Rolls On: The Vietnamese-A...
- Joe Wilson Comes Home To Roost
- The Illegal Immigration Debate Continues
- European-U.S. Relations After The Bush Visit: Wha...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like