Saturday, December 11, 2004

Christmas Thought for The Week

">Link



"O blind man, blind man! . . . . Not to know that any . . . spirit working
kindly in its little sphere, whatever it may be, will find its mortal life too
short for its vast means of usefulness. Not to know that no space of regret can
make amends for one life's opportunities misused! Yet I was like this man; I
once was like this man!"

"But you were always a good man of business, Jacob," faltered Scrooge,
who now began to apply this to himself.

"Business!" cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. "Mankind was my
business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance,
benevolence, were all my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of
water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home