Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"A Partisan Fool?" Me? Never!

">Link


A commenter below (my buddy Chip) opines that I am coming across as a "partisan fool" by repeatedly posting photos of Kerry in awkward athletic poses. As Chip knows, during the past four years I have regularly castigated others who claim that Bush is, well, dumb. (Chip used a more colorful term.) Through sheer incompetence, I deleted Chip's comment from this blog. So I'll respond here.

First, dumb or smart, Bush is not being photographed in weird NASA bunny suits or repeatedly catching footballs with his eyes shut and a pained look on his face or throwing a baseball like a (forgive me) girl. Kerry is doing all those things. So there seems to be some degree of higher intelligence working for Bush, whether it is on the part of the candidate himself or his advisers.

Second, Chip called me "a partisan fool." Now, I can take being called a fool, but partisan? In the United States of America? A partisan?

It's clear that the election is almost over. The level of discourse is sinking way, way below acceptable levels. Next thing we know, Chip will be calling me a Republican.

Election day can't come too soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are really starting to sound like a Republican--and a partisan one at that. Please post the address to your wife's blog so I can call her similarly horrible names (just please don't respond like that guy in Va please). 

Posted by Anonymous

Thursday, October 28, 2004 12:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have to challege you to a duel. 

Posted by Hedgehog

Thursday, October 28, 2004 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home