Thursday, October 14, 2004

Islamofascism Can Be Such A, Well, A Nuisance! And about That Los Angeles Times

">Link


This is from today's L.A. Times. Are you surprised that such a commentary could appear in the Times, that paragon of agenda journalism?

Well, Mike Ramirez is the only regularly-appearing bright spot on the Times editorial page. When I glance at the page to see if there happen to be any credible writers appearing on it, I always check for the Ramirez cartoon. I wonder what Michael Kinsley (recently-named Times editorial page editor and vicious partisan) thinks of Mr. Ramirez' cartoons? I also wonder whether Kinsley would ever have hired Ramirez.

Speaking of Mike Kinsley, how seriously can we take an editor who prints an unsigned editorial in a major newspaper, insisting that there is ample reason to question President Bush's intelligence? Here's that editorial, wittily titled, "Is He A Dope?" The descriptive term "beneath contempt" comes to mind.

Anyone familiar with Kinsley's work over the years recognizes his touch immediately. Kinsley's fingerprints are also all over today's lead editorial . (Times links require registration.)

Before you suggest that I cancel my subscription: I'd love to, but my wife needs to take the paper for her professional endeavors. I read the sports page.

What a waste of newsprint.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to that. My wife needs Playboy for her professional endeavors (the pictorials). I read the articles. 

Posted by Anonymous

Thursday, October 14, 2004 2:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche. 

Posted by Hedgehog

Thursday, October 14, 2004 2:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home