Saturday, September 25, 2004

An Iraqi Comment on Farenheit 9/11

">Link
My favorite Iraqi blog is Iraq The Model. It's been fascinating (and a good reality check) to follow this group blog by three young, well-educated anti-Saddam Iraqi brothers, two of them dentists and one a physician. Here's a snippet :

One of my friends asked me to post his thoughts about the "Fahrenheit 9/11"
film.He'd be glad to read your e-mails in responce to it.

Well the best part goes when he suspected that the war against Taliban was
to build a pipeline through Afghanistan!! With this level of assessment I won't
be surprised if future wars will happen for building a bridge or maybe paving a
road!! And I really was shocked when he pictured Iraq like peaceful country
where children play and people laugh happily, guess what Mr. Moore you are wrong
coz I live in Iraq and children weren't playing they were working to live and
people weren’t smiling they were either afraid of getting killed or arrested for
no reason or just because they don’t like Saddam and they dared to say so.I
really don’t know why you have to cheat to make the people believe you coz the
whole world knew how the Iraqi people suffered from Saddam and you try to show
that they were happy with him!

In the same superficial manner you used to show that Iraq was a happy
place, one could use the pictures of children singing around Stalin celebrating
his birthday to show that people loved Stalin and they were happy. Now that was
one real documentary shot you took from Iraqis' life prior to the war!

And I liked your idea when you said" A nation that never attacked the
united states a nation that never threatened to attack the united states a
nation that have never murdered a single American citizen" well a (nation) like
Iraq started a war with Iran for 8 years with casualties of 1000000 dead people
on both sides and killed his own (nation) with toxic gas and then invade another
country and killing its people (Kuwait) and threatened to burn all the oil
fields if they tried to kick him out Don’t you think Mr. Moore that burning the
oil is a threat to the whole world not only to the united states and in your
opinion how long this (nation) will need to burn whole America. No Mr. Moore
Iraq wasn’t a (nation) it was a movie just like yours but it was written,
produced and directed by Saddam Hussein.

Still I have too many things to say but I think the article will be too
long to read so last to say to Mr. Moore being a writer doesn't mean that you
write lies and being a producer doesn't mean that you cheat people for their
money and being a director doesn't mean that you have to be silly and for the
best of all please find another job!!.



3 Comments:

Blogger fMhLisa said...

A very different revew out of Iraq can be found here:

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Saturday, September 25, 2004 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger Lowell Brown said...

Dear Lisa:

First let me thank you for commenting. Getting comments on my little blog is still a new and exciting thing.

Thanks for the link to the Riverbend Blog. I had not seen it. I need to note that although my posts here are usually fairly pointed (it's an opinion site right now), I do not pretend to be certain about too many things. The Iraq situation is very difficult and confusing. It usually does not make me happy.

I have corresponded with the guys who write Iraq The Model. They seem to be genuine Iraqi patriots, fairly secular, and very pro-Western democracy. I have no idea as to how many other Iraqis share their view, but I hope it's a lot.

I'm frankly a little skeptical of Riverbend Blog. (I will stay open-minded.) The author speaks perfect English and also voices the perfect anti-American views. A little too perfectly, I think. The Iraq The Model authors have imperfect English and have fairly eclectic views. Something about the blog supposedly written by the 24 year-old Iraqi woman seems a little off-kilter.

Saturday, September 25, 2004 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Lowell Brown said...

I happened to visit Iraq the Model and the first post was about Riverbend. You can see what Ali has to say here:

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/archives/2004_09_01_iraqthemodel_archive.html#109613731630697467

I also saw Riverbend glowing review of "Farenheit 9/11." It reads like something an ardent American Bush-hater would write. I have real doubts about that site.

Saturday, September 25, 2004 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home