Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, July 23, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Tidbits from The 9/11 Commission Report, Part II
- Tidbits from The 9/11 Commission Report, Part I
- The "Carnival of The Liberated"
- Read This And Remember How You Felt That Day
- This Appears To Be A Rarity: An Important Opinion...
- Looks Like The "Terror In The Skies" Mystery May H...
- Taking on The L.A. Times' Tim Rutten
- Trousergate Update
- Daily Observations: Nukes Found in Iraq?
- Power Line Keeps 'Em Coming on The Berger Story ("...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like