Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Talk Radio Comes To Iraq


Link

Here's an article about talk radio in Iraq. Sounds a little odd, doesn't it? The reports of what the callers have been saying add some perspective to the situation and the views of the Iraqi people.

Here's what one caller said:

"I send my congratulations to all Iraqis and every Iraqi home," a woman who identified herself as Um Yassin gushed, her voice choked with emotion. "I want to tell Dr. Allawi to be bold, to be strong. We need him to build up the army because we need them at a time like this."

Here's another caller's comment:

"I send all the Iraqi people my blessings," said Ali, a caller from Baghdad. "But I warn these terrorists, all the Iraqis will rise up and strike them with steel."

Maybe the Iraqis will surprise the world in re-creating their country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home