Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, June 17, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Some Interesting Critiques of The 9/11 Commission ...
- The View from an Iraqi
- Can the News Media Get It Right?
- A Story from Iraq That We Fervently Hope Is True; ...
- A great set of reflections on the Reagan funeral b...
- Reagan's Final Trip Home, and Other Musings
- What do we mean by "hedgehog," anyway?
- Some interesting recognition of Reagan from CNN
- Meanwhile, at the New York Times . . .
- The L.A. Times Continues Its Tradition of Agenda J...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like